Come participate with the Maritime Advanced Systems & Technology (MAST) laboratory as it brings together a federated network of leading academic, research, test and evaluation, in-service engineering and operational centers to further expand the region's ability to provide solutions to national challenges with new technology and innovations.
The MAST open house follows Coastal Trident 2016, an annual education, field experimentation, and exercise program that is designed to advance the state of the art in addressing potential threats to the U.S. Marine Transportation System. The program is planned and conducted in order to support the evaluation of technologies, capabilities, and identify areas for improvement during scenario-based activities in port, maritime, and coastal areas of operation.
Topics of interest at the MAST open house include:
- Smuggling: A regional Perspective
- Current and emerging technology breakout sessions
- Federal, State, DOD, and municipal speakers and experts
- Engaging, Relevant panel discussions
- Foster security, operations, and environmental technology innovations and collaboration
- Showcase field experiments, venue for effectiveness, affordability, and feasibility
- Technology demonstrations
The open house runs from 8:00am until 5:00pm. There is no cost to attend. Register [here].